Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wedding Ring Set Return

On March 4, 2015 I wrote about an exceptional early morning metal detecting hunt.

Upon returning home I inspected the finds and saw a serial number inscribed on the interior of the Tiffany & Co engagement ring. My intent was to visit a local Tiffany's store to report the serial number on the following Monday, March 9th, when I had some errands to run in that area. However, on Sunday I felt what I can only describe as an irresistible urge to visit the store a day early.

Roughly 30 minutes after leaving Tiffany's I received an email from the husband of the woman who lost the rings at the beach six months prior. Sunday was her birthday and they had just finished their celebratory dinner when word arrived about the found ring. I spoke with the husband that evening and he, quite grateful yet curious, asked if I had found a second ring; the wedding band set with 21 small diamonds. I had a suspicion the rings were a set, albeit of differing precious metals, and I could not deny the elation I felt at having found both rings before the ocean claimed them.

We met last night and they were reunited with the lost rings. This marks my seventh lost jewelry return in just over four and a half years in the hobby.

PT950 Engagement Ring and 14K White Gold Wedding Band - RETURNED!

The Happy Couple : )

2 comments:

  1. Good job, I really I appreciate your work on reunite that lost jewellery sets. It’s really a happy endings story that finally the lost things are reunited again. However from this story I know one thing that we must as careful about our jewellery as I have a titanium ring that given by my husband as gift recently that I liked from an online store as tatias. From today I will so careful about this. Thanks for share this story.

    ReplyDelete