Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

I did it. I finally offloaded some of my finds. Up until this point I had only let go of a handful of items in the past to recoup initial costs of the hobby.

While on vacation recently, when I brought my waterproof Minelab Excalibur II, I met a Scottish woman with whom I chatted at length about my collection of finds. She and her husband had seen me snorkeling in the water with my detector and they were genuinely curious about the hobby. She was adamant I should sell my finds because they weren't doing me any good sitting in a safe.

I've been holding onto 99.5% of located items looking at them as a long-term investment. Plus, I'll admit, they're fun to show off. Throughout my time in the hobby, however, I've gone through my extensive five years' worth of finds and have felt... cluttered.

I am interested in hearing what your thoughts are on selling our finds.

Offloaded 10K jewelry. No gemstones.
Offloaded 14K jewelry. No gemstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment